The First-year Advocacy Board (FAB) (est. 2005) is an immersion program for first-year freshman and transfer LGBTQ+ students to assist with the transition from high school to college and to provide support through social, academic and excursion events. Membership elects their own executive board and coordinates their own events to build a stronger sense of community for LGBTQ+ first-year students.
Previous FAB events
- Academic preparation workshops with Academic Recognition Programs
- Los Angeles excursions (e.g., Santa Monica beach day, museum visits, nights in West Hollywood, etc.)
- Participation at the Models of Pride Conference – a conference hosted at USC in October for LGBT and Ally youth
- Representation of the USC LGBT Community in the USC Homecoming festivities
- Coordination of the Paint Party in the spring semester