USC’s LGBTQ+ Student Center is seeking student volunteers for the 2023-2024 academic year. The volunteers will support with providing support for the Center’s front desk and events, staffing outreach tables, and/or participating in digital outreach campaigns. The Center’s volunteers are also ambassadors for the LGBTQ+SC, supporting our goals to provide support, education, advocacy, and community for LGBTQ+ Trojans.
- Assist with staffing the LGBTQ+SC front desk, greeting visitors, and maintaining LGBTQ+SC space
- Help staff LGBTQ+SC and SEIP signature events
- Participate LGBTQ+SC Orientation events, introducing new students to LGBTQ+SC programs and resources
- Staff outreach tables around campus and provide education about the LGBTQ+SC programs and services
- Collaborate with student orgs & campus partners to increase opportunities for engagement with the LGBT+SC
- Brainstorm and pitch fun, engaging, and educational content for LGBTQ+SC social media accounts
- Play an active role in the creation of social video campaigns, which may include creating props, performing, filming, and/or editing
- Attend volunteer meetings and teambuilders
- Volunteers will develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with issues impacting the LGBTQ+ community and BIPOC communities
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and comfortably with others
Periodically throughout the year, the LGBTQ+ Student Center relies on support from our USC staff and faculty colleagues to help our large events run smoothly. If you would like to be contacted for staff and faculty volunteering opportunities for LGBTQ+SC events, please fill out the staff/faculty volunteer contact form.