Trans-related Health Care for University Employees

University employees are able to choose their own health care professional which means the option of a trans friendly physician can be selected. You can choose from three types of medical plans: a preferred provider organization (PPO), exclusive provider organizations, and health maintenance organizations (HMO). The USC PPO gives you the most flexibility in your choice of health care providers; the USC EPO plans provide access to Keck Medicine of USC providers; and the HMOs (Anthem and Kaiser Permanente) provide access to either Anthem-network or Kaiser Permanente health care providers. Coverage and providers vary by plan; check your medical plan’s Evidence of Coverage booklet or call the carrier directly for additional details, including requirements for prior authorization and applicable co-pays and deductibles. For more information, visit USC’s healthcare benefits site.