USC’s LGBTQ+ Student Center is seeking volunteers for the 2021-2022 academic year. The volunteers will support with providing support for the Center’s front desk and events, staffing outreach tables, and/or participating in digital outreach campaigns. The Center’s volunteers are also ambassadors for the LGBTQ+SC, supporting our goals to provide support, education, advocacy, and community for LGBTQ+ Trojans.
To apply, please fill out the LGBTQ+SC Volunteer Application.
Example Responsibilities of the LGBTQ+SC Student Volunteer:
• Assist with staffing the LGBTQ+SC front desk, greeting visitors, and maintaining LGBTQ+SC space
• Help staff LGBTQ+SC and SEIP signature events
• Participate LGBTQ+SC Orientation events, introducing new students to LGBTQ+SC programs and resources
• Staff outreach tables around campus and provide education about the LGBTQ+SC programs and services
• Collaborate with student orgs & campus partners to increase opportunities for engagement with the
• Brainstorm and pitch fun, engaging, and educational content for LGBTQ+SC social media accounts.
• Play an active role in the creation of social video campaigns, which may include creating props, performing,
filming, and/or editing.
• Attend volunteer meetings and teambuilders and meet once a month with the Center Supervisor
Volunteers will develop the following knowledge and skills:
• Familiarity with issues impacting the LGBTQ+ community and BIPOC communities
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work quickly and comfortably with others